Cakes, Onions, and Ogres have layers, are you sure your code needs them?

Anybody write java code out there?
Anybody have a data access layer?
How about a business layer?
How about a service layer?

Why?

I've heard all manner of crazy answers like:
It makes my code more flexible.
I can dynamically swap out components for one layer or another.
I need to keep things isolated so that a problem in one layer don't impact the other.

Convince me, because I'm just not sold at this point. I went through a number of projects with this fad back in the 2001-2005 timeframe and none of the theoretical benefits never seemed to emerge...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Push versus pull deployment models

the myth of asynchronous JDBC

Installing virtualbox guest additions on Centos 7 minimal image